Friday, July 5, 2013

Benny Golson tryahnet old days at the Festival "King of Jazz" to them. Garanian

In the capital comes Uolson Benny (Benny Golson) - a living legend in the jazz world. Him in '82 - and nearly his life, at age 14, he has not let go of saxophone, creating a history of jazz XX century. Benny Golson - tenor saxophonist who is in the best jazz band 50 hits, along with Teddy Demeronom and Lionel Hampton, Johnny Hodges, Max Roach and Dizzy Gillespie. Outstanding melodist, he has perfect performance technology, the master timbre and exquisite nuances of pitch, tends to a blues ballad in the style of interpretation. Benny Golson in 1956 shocked the death of another, the trumpeter Clifford Brown in a car accident, he wrote entitled "I Remember Clifford," was in the repertoire of all known trumpeter. His jazz standards Whisper Not, Killer Joe, Just By Myself, Are You Real?, Knowledge Fairweather, Blue March Out Of The Past beginners too. He has written dozens of jazz "hits" and the music for many Hollywood films, and his name has long been a legend of jazz. After his passport - a real "grandfather" of American jazz, the soul - a true romantic, he was the last time in Moscow in 1990, the first jazz festival. And finally coming back! On the eve of the festival "Jazz King", which will be held from 09 in Tsaritsyno Estate Museum to July 10, Benny was the "show business news NEWSmusic.ru" brief commentary about the state of things today, jazz and a little bit about yourself. - I think that jazz musicians Russia will dream as stars such as John Coltrane, Jimmy Heath, Red Rodney. But for many of them do not have enough money. Although in itself a jazz music is very important and has many admirers. - Actually, jazz - it is open to change and always. When I hear young musicians to play, I'm always very surprised and pleased with their ideas. Jazz all the time and in different periods of different sounds are changed. Having started with Louis Armstrong, he was a worthy successor of Dizzy Gillespie, Charlie Parker, and later - John Coltrane. I wonder if anyone has any opinion that young people love jazz expresses. How can this be true? Is that we are seeing in the U.S., and generally throughout the world? I think that is not the Jazz Age! - Although, I must admit that this music is now better understood by the Europeans. Why? The reason, it seems, is that the music is always played by the Americans. African-Americans, which is released through the music. Perhaps Europe is younger? Apparently, there are some links and explanations .... - As for me, I'm not the king of jazz, such as Sonny Rollins, which I admire. Maybe I'm just one of them. And I always learn, always, because no one can know everything. And all my colleagues who come to the festival want to play well and play good jazz. And New York Voices - a delightful and special team deserves a Grammy. And Mary McBride, had it with Art Blakey, the best drummer that I performed just heard. He was very temperamental. - I have the experience of filming a movie. Steven Spielberg, the famous director and respected me, invited me to sit in the movie "The Terminal." What were gorgeous real shooting! There is a Polish hero of Tom Hanks entire movie trying to take my autograph played. After the shooting, Tom said to me: "It is an honor to play in some scenes with you This is my honor.." Despite the age of 82 years, is Benny Golson open to dialogue, and after the concert in Tsaritsyno 9 . July will hold an autograph session for his fans. Chance to to be correct than that of Tom Hanks in the movie ... Larisa Alekseenko to "show business news NEWSmusic.ru»

No comments:

Post a Comment